The Kirkley Poor's Land Estate is committed to protecting your privacy. On this page you will find information about the ways in which we collect and use personal information about you.
This website is run by The Kirkley Poor's Land Estate and is designed for information purposes.
For the purposes of the data protection legislation, KPLE is the data controller. This means we are in charge of personal information about you.
You are welcome to access our site without disclosing your personal information.
How we collect information about you
The only personal information we will collect from you is what you choose to give when seeking a Grant, Student Grant, or Grocery Voucher, or is given to us by a third party when seeking a grant on your behalf.
All information collected is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and applicable data protection legislation.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we might collect from you might include:
· Your name, gender, postal address, email address, telephone number, and special requirements.
· Records of any correspondence; and details of Grant, Student Grant, or Grocery Voucher
How we use your information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
· to provide you with information, grants or services that you request from us;
· to administer your donation, including processing Gift Aid;
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us;
· to contact you in relation to all purposes where you have consented;
· to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
· to notify you about changes to our website and the services we provide. Collecting and using your information in this way is lawful because:
· the processing is necessary for the performance of our services to you;
· the processing is necessary for the performance of a legal obligation to which we are subject;
· the processing is when we are exercising our legitimate interest to raise awareness of The Kirkley Poor’s Land Estate.
How do we protect personal information?
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
· Restricted access control, including the use of passwords, to your information stored on our systems; and keeping documentation secure.
· Taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
· Having procedures in place to deal with any suspected or confirmed personal data breach and to notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We only collect the financial information that you knowingly supply when making a donation to us or when seeking a grant.
You may change your browser settings to delete and block cookies. To find out how visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How long we keep your information for
We will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which you have given consent or for as long as we are required by law to keep it.
Do we share personal information?
We will never share your personal information with other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes or for our own marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes.
We may be required to pass on some of the personal information which we collect to third parties for the purposes of grant making with your consent or if we are legally required to do so; for example by court order or a law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
You have a right to:
· ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (this is called a subject access request);
· ask for inaccurate data about you to be corrected;
· ask for erasure of information we hold about you;
· ask for our processing of your personal information to be restricted; and
· object to us processing your personal information.
If you wish to pursue any of the above rights or have any concerns regarding the information that Kirkley Poors Land Estate may hold please email
Kirkley Pooors@gmail.com or write to 4 Station Road, Lowestoft, NR32 4QF, United Kingdom.
If you unhappy with any aspect of how we are using your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 4 Station Road, Lowestoft, NR32 4QF, United Kingdom.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website www.ico.gov.uk or telephone 0303 123 1113.
This policy was last updated in May 2018.